Sunday, April 8, 2018

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #161 - A Slytherin Cat and a Birthday Boy

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-ONE


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

CAN YOU READ A SERIES IN A MONTH?
CHALLENGE

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

COVER CONVERSATIONS
FROM MY BOOKSHELF WEEK

THE MONTHLY MOSH
MARCH 2018 WRAP-UP
Reading and Books Only
STACKING THE SHELVES
TWITTER GIVEAWAY


Last week the Harry Potter italics and bold-face editions were an April Fools joke, as well as the Thomas the Tank Engine theme song Heavy Metal cover. Ha ha. Everything else was true! My cat really is a Slytherin.

Here is the BUZZFEED SORTING QUIZ link I promised last week.
I also found a couple of others...
QUOTEV
UQUIZ
They both sorted Attie into Slytherin, too. Heh heh.

As to your canine pal's sorting...
BUZZFEED
POPSUGAR
QUIZTRON

And here are two for your other pets...
PLAYBUZZ
HYPABLE


We keep having snow. It snowed three or four times last week and temps have
been bouncing between high 40s and teens! We had high velocity winds and the internet was down for several hours. Most of it was while we slept, so it wasn't too awful. Ha ha.

.
My favorite restaurant last week. My friends were trying to taunt me with this photo to try and lure me out, but it had the opposite effect. Maybe if they had tried pictures of food. Mmmm... manicotti.


And Baz Manchild had his 26th birthday yesterday. Yikes! It doesn't seem like yesterday that he was born, by any means, but not 26 years. *sighs*

This was his fourth birthday. I was reminded by a conversation on Facebook that his nickname in these preschool years was "Destructo".


We had lots of candy for Easter, and when I was ordering miniature Beatrix Potter books for my collection I ordered an extra THE TALE OF JOHNNY TOWN-MOUSE to put in the Manchild's Easter basket. It was the book that started his love of any and all anthropomorphic mouse characters.




I did a small order from the online, everything $3.00, organic food and eco-friendly household products company, BRANDLESS. There was an Easter special for free shipping on any size order, so I ordered shaving gel and hand cream for the Manchild's birthday, two bags of snack chips, and a two pack of lip balm. I LOVED the wheat-free tomato basil hummus chips, as you can see because the bag is flat empty, ha ha. The quinoa chips are good, too. In fact Baz preferred them. The chip bags weren't as big as I expected, but similar would have cost a dollar more in Wegmans, so they were still a good deal. The shaving gel was much bigger than I expected, and the hand cream a bit smaller, so that evened out; plus no sales tax because they don't have any physical stores. The lip balms are okay. I am hoping they get other flavors (scents) in the future than berry, but they still won't take the place of my Burt's Bees. I am going to do a bigger order next month, shipping is free over $30.00, and will do a big blog post with an unboxing and review of the items. The items arrive in two to four days, so that's wonderful for me seeing that I am no longer allowed to leave the house by myself, and can't run to the corner store for things in-between grocery shopping. 

Even though it hasn't been spring weather the birds have have started congregating in the giant arborvitae outside our livingroom window, and it is  cheering to hear them.



WON GOODREADS

Another ebook win! I love memoirs set in New York City

BOUGHT EBOOK
I paid $3.99 for the collection and it is now back up to $29.99! I am so happy I saw it!



TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.I

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY
 APRIL EDITION
I forgot last Wednesday!

COVER CONVERSATIONS
   ARC WEEK

 BOOKSTAGRAM BOOST
 APRIL EDITION

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.