Sunday, March 18, 2018

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #158 - Pipe Up!

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-EIGHT


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

RAVE REVIEW
THE MOTH PRESENTS: ALL THESE WONDERS

COVER CONVERSATIONS
MANGA AND GRAPHIC NOVEL WEEK



MONDAY MUSIC MUSINGS
REDHEADED STEPCHILD BLOG
GHOST AND RACHELF GUITAR

I posted to my newly resurrected personal blog, REDHEADED STEPCHILD, for the first time in a looooooooooong time. There are hardly any posts there because I reverted most of them to drafts so I can update them and change out the graphics. It's still very much a work in progress. I will be posting my music stuff and non bookish content like my breastfeeding post, ha ha, there.
BLOGGING FOR BOOKS is closing and I hurried to get my review up of All These Wonders, so I could request one more book by the 15th, but when I got there all the available titles were gone. *wipes away tear*
A lot of people wonder why I very rarely review books here on the blog, well, this is why...
Ha!




It was St. Patrick's Day, and I love bagpipe music and funny enough it is one of the only forms of music that can still make me tear up for no reason, classical is the other, and it automatically gives me goosebumps, for sure. Our local Celtic pipes band was in the grocery store when we were shopping, but here is a video from right before at the liquor store nextdoor...

 Our cat was none too happy to be wearin' the green. Ha ha! I didn't notice my son hadn't shaved yet until after I took the picture, but there was no do-over because after being made to wear the hat she hid under my bed for the rest of the day. Heh heh.


One of the things I love about my city is that we have what we call Parade Day the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day so we can still get good pipe bands to march. It's like getting two celebrations every year! After the parade all of the bands gather at the Catholic high school gym and play. Here is the FDNY Emerald Society band entering the building...


I keep a fresh lemon on my nightstand and when I am feeling bleck or anxious I scratch the skin and inhale the wonderful aroma. It's the best. I replace it once a week. It's basic and economical aroma therapy!



I'm 20% in on this ARC. The Kindle doesn't show progress for documents.
My book for #VintageHorror2018 hosted by Cody Tidwell on Twitter and Instagram. Search the hashtag and you'll find us.



DOLLAR STORE FIND
It has bios for every character on ADVENTURE TIME!



TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

2017 END OF YEAR SURVEY
I swear I'm getting closer!

COVER CONVERSATIONS
  NONFICTION WEEK

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS


MONDAY MUSIC MUSINGS
REDHEADED STEPCHILD BLOG
Have an excellent week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.