Sunday, February 18, 2018

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #154 - Harry Potter Metal Mania

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FOUR


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
VALENTINE'S EDITION

MY BOOKISH VALENTINE
WHY I LOVE CERTAIN BOOKS

COVER CONVERSATIONS
MANGA & GRAPHIC NOVEL WEEK

I don't like the new casual sub-theme font I changed to, so I will be changing it again this next week, ha ha.


I had a great week! My son, The Manchild, gave me cinnamon buns from my favorite bakery for Valentine's Day. My two new black bookcases arrived, now I am waiting on him to assemble them. It may take a while because he works in the furniture department of a store and putting together things like bookshelves is what he does most of the time. Heh heh. Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG found three hardcover Dune series books I don't have for FIVE DOLLARS A PIECE! She sent them out Wednesday and they should be here Tuesday!

We very rarely get fast food unless it's a special occasion, but I ordered some pizza on Friday, because I was having a huge craving. It also meant cold pizza for breakfast Saturday morning. Cold pizza and hot coffee is life. Ha ha. And the pièce de résistance... see the music section below!

Remember last week when I was excitedly thinking that my tabs/lessons guy, 331EROCK, was going to grant my 2018 New Year's wish of a Harry Potter medley in full Hogwarts uniform, after I had been bugging him about it since last Halloween, because of this tweet?


Well, I didn't get my medley, but I got an almost five minute cover of Hedwig's theme. When I saw the mp3 pop up on his Patreon I went crazy! We get the music only mp3s a while before he uploads the video to YouTube, so I had no idea if I got the uniform part of my wish... then I saw this on Instagram:


And then my YouTube messenger chimed...

It's on songs like this that we can fully appreciate his Master's degree in Orchestration. This cover is EPIC, all of the soloing is the actual violin runs from the music score. Yeah, mighty impressive.

I am eagerly awaiting the tabs and backing tracks because it is incentive to practice sweep picking. I was also motivated by this video. I practiced nearly two hours on Saturday and hope to get another two in today if my shoulder holds up.
I am not going to bug him about another cover until Halloween. I still want the Munster's Theme metalized. Ha!



Laser tag Harry Potter Wands! Read about them [HERE]

A new Harry Potter minatures game! Read about it and see a video [HERE]



Heavy Metal musicians posting pictures of their cats on Twitter has become a "thing" and someone decided the subject would make a great coffee table book. It is also connected to a charity. You can see other photos from the book [HERE]


TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
Buh-bye Books

2017 END OF YEAR SURVEY
Ha ha! I promise I'm not a liar!
It is almost finished, but I hate adding links. Ugh.

COVER CONVERSATIONS

THAT'S PINTERESTING

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS

Have a magical week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.