Sunday, January 7, 2018

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #148

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-EIGHT

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

COVER CONVERSATIONS

My End of Year Book Survey will be up tomorrow. Baz bought a computer set-up especially for online gaming and it sucks up all of our bandwidth. When it is turned on and he isn't even gaming or streaming someone else gaming, my Kindle is slow at best and won't load images (which was super important for the survey post). When he is gaming or watching a game play stream I can't connect to the internet at all. The next level up on our cable internet service is $50.00 more a month and refuse to pay that. I am hoping once he decides to get off his arse and reinstall Windows 10 on his old laptop for me, that the laptop will at least fight for some of that bandwidth. If it doesn't I will be in a blogging quandary because I will need most of the time he is not home for doing my work projects. He should be back in school as well as working, so that should help a bit; I hope. It has also affected my commenting.


Thats right my friends... -24°F wind chill. So much for all the money I saved not having to turn the heat on until nearly the middle of November. Ha!
I have been keeping my promise to do extra walking every day by walking our front hall staircase several times while it is too frigid for walking outside. 

In keeping with this nightmare of freezing temperatures, here is my tabs/lessons guy's Meets Metal version of Let It Go from FROZEN...
Wow, this is an oldie from before he was using green screen backgrounds. Now, I can't personally tell you how great this is because I have managed to escape hearing any of this soundtrack in the last four plus years, and not even Eric can make be break that winning streak. Ha ha. My son wasn't as lucky. His friend's car broke down coming back from an out-of-town trip and his friend's mother picked them up. They were far enough away from home to hear her play the soundtrack not only once, but twice!
As per my New Year's challenge to myself (I don't do resolutions) I have practiced guitar every day. I have gone back to finger exercises and scales that I can do from memory because it is too difficult to practice from tabs on the Kindle. Hopefully I will be getting that hand-me-down laptop soon.

According to Pottermore this Siberian Cat is my patronus. My sister got a new bottle feed foster last week...
I think he might need to be mine!



CURRENTLY READING

NEW ON THE E-QUEUE
FASTER THAN FALLING
A THRONE FOR SISTERS
SINK
The above were free or 99¢.
POWERS
I love Ursula Le Guin so I snapped this one up at $1.99. It is now back up to $7.99. It's a whopping 700 pages!

GOODREADS
And finally after nearly four years of waiting for this ebook to go on sale, victory was mine! It's still on sale for $1.99 at the time of this posting.

NETGALLEY REVIEW ARC
GOODREADS
MEMOIR
Publishes February 20th



THE SUNDAY FUNNIES
I follow this Twitter account. It is hilarious most of the time.



END OF YEAR BOOK SURVEY

TELL ME TUESDAY
TOP TEN
Books I Meant to Read in 2017

BEAT THE BACKLIST INTRODUCTION

COVER CONVERSATIONS

BLOGGING 2018 CRYSTAL BALL

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
Have a spectacular week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.