Sunday, July 30, 2017

THE SUNDAY POST #124

THE SUNDAY POST
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FOUR

THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.



TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

This has been a week of reflection about my blog. There was only one post this week because I was trying to catch up on commenting I wanted to do on my favorite blogs, and I still didn't get it all done. I also managed to visit 38 of the blogs on last week's Sunday Post linky and comment on 32 of them, for some I commented on more than one post if I saw something I loved, so I think I made about 50 comments in total. This Sunday I will try to hit all of the other regular linkers, just to be fair about my visits before my new commenting schedule goes into effect.
⚫ ⚫ ⚫
My general thought on my blogging was that it had become too chaotic, and I was feeling down because I was not touching base with my favorite blogs and blogging buddies as much as I wanted. I like to be able to have the time to write multi-paragraph comments on certain blog posts, and had been putting off commenting on some wonderful posts I have bookmarked; posts by PAGES UNBOUND REVIEWS and RATTLE THE PAGES have piled up and I adore those blogs. I have been getting to Greg's wonderful serialized stories on his blog, BOOK HAVEN, days after he has posted them. Most everyone else had been getting one of my periodic episodes of what I call "comment vomiting" on their blogs.
 ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
Therefore, I cannot be going to blogs on linkies that I know have zero content that interests me (I used to click on every blog just to give them the blog hit), I cannot be going to blogs that don't either reply to comments on their blog, or comment on mine (come on folks you can manage at least one of those two), and I will not return to blogs that only reply to their buddies and skip over everyone else - or blogs that leave rude or negatively snarky replies (this includes leaving them on my blog, too). I ran into these senerios several times from the Sunday Post linky last week. Oh, and if you link your blog (and not the post) and the post is not on top, I am no longer going to waste my time looking for it.
 ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
 I will only be linking with The Sunday Post, Top Ten Tuesday, and Stacking the Shelves on a weekly basis; and will focus on visiting the posts of favorite blogs and buddies, and those who visit and comment on my blog. Depending on how many blogs I visit, I will pick a couple at random from the linky, too. There are also bloggers I follow on Twitter whom I drop in on periodically if they tweet a post I am interested in. I am also going back to Saturdays being my Goodreads day where I like and comment there. I have come to the conclusion that I interact better with some bloggers on Twitter and Goodreads.
 ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
It just makes no sense to be so bogged down with commenting that I have no time to put content on my own blog. There will also be more time constraints now that I will be concentrating on my music a little more. I need to feel more connected to my kindred blogging spirits again.


My practice guitar arrived! I will probably not order any expensive items from Musician's Friend ever again, as long as they use UPS for shipping, because what a stressful nightmare the tracking was. I didn't want it left out on the porch after dark because, although I live in a pretty good neighborhood, my house is about four blocks from the edge of the hood and unsavory characters sometimes walk down my street on their way there. I will tell you the UPS story on the post I plan to do for Monday Music Muses, with pictures of the tiny guitar. People can say what they want about USPS, but they have a better tracking system than UPS.

BOUGHT EBOOKS
Another Vonnegut for my November read-a-thon. It's still $1.99 if anyone is interested.

Another addition for my Newbery Award Challenge. It was $1.99, but not anymore.

MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
ISSUE RELATED
HOMELESSNESS
I was hugged by the Goodreads summary. It is still 99¢ at the time of this posting.

ARCS
Nothing! Thank gawd!


BLOG OF THE WEEK
RANDOM REDHEADED RAMBLINGS
Heather loves SciFi, and so do I! I get tons of good recommendations from reading her reviews. I love reading about her fitness running program via a zombie running app. Ha ha. She also has a feature about podcasts she enjoys. Heather lives near J.K. Rowling in Scotland, but has yet to run into her in the grocery store.

TOTALLY RANDOM
So this was an article I saw on the Society6 website, Build a Bookshelf For Under $50.00. What is the wood, lignum vitae? You can buy a five shelf bookcase for less than fifty dollars, delivered! It's like saying make your own McDonald's Dollar Menu item for less than $5.00. Ha!


I will be posting a quick 52 PINS IN 52 WEEKS post and a very late June THE MONTHLY MASH later today.

MONDAY MUSIC MUSINGS
Washburn Rover Travel Guitar

DOG DAYS OF SUMMER
INTRODUCTION POST
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG and I are going to do dog related reading and posting all this month.

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

THE SUNDAY POST

*I will also be starting a page to post my Middle Grade story from WattPad, Hidden Magic. The first four chapters will be up this week, and I will try to post one a week after that. 
Have an extraordinary new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.