Tuesday, July 18, 2017

TELL ME TUESDAY #155

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN TUESDAY
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FIVE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!

▪ ▪ ▪

Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
 Plus, I love her PUPDATES with photos about her foster dogs!
&
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
SCIFI / FANTASY
DYSTOPIAN
I was eating this book up! It read like butter. It was strange and the story threads wove around each other in an intriguing pattern; there was mystery, and dark secrets. There were LGBTQ and mental health elements. There were no gender roles. It made several sociopolitical statements. I was itchy to find out if the otherworldliness was going to be SciFi, or Fantasy, or maybe even paranormal in nature. Things kept getting weirder and more surreal until I felt like I was looking at a Salvador Dali painting inside a Fellini movie and then in the middle of the climax... plunk, sputter, boink; the story was over. I spent all that time reading a book and mentally applauding its depth and cleverness FOR NOTHING! Absolutely NOTHING wrapped up, zero was explained, not one morsel came to fruition. Zip, zilch, nada. Anyone can write a bizarre story if it doesn't have to make sense at any point. It was a huge waste of my reading time.


I know I said I was going to get to THE LIST right away, but...
I saw this book for $1.99, read the summary, bought it, and started reading it right away. It was very liberating! I needed a fling after the Amatka disaster. I was solidly liking this book and then there was a pretty big continuity blip, the MC was allowed to do something at a zoo that would never be allowed because it is against the law; and explain to me how a school can have both a middle school and a junior high? Do editors read these books before they publish them? I am still enjoying it, but I hate getting my peeves petted like that. Ha ha.
AND
I FINALLY RECEIVED THIS!
ADULT FICTION
PREQUEL
(Practical Magic)
FANTASY
HISTORICAL
After being denied on Netgalley (and I wasn't the only one) and spending three months of watching in horror as they handed out ARCs in giveaways on Facebook to mostly non-bloggers, everyone who had reviewed her other titles on Netgalley was finally invited to download a copy. Thank you Simon and Schuster. I still want to pinch them really hard though. It publishes October 10th.


MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
SCIFI / FANTASY
DYSTOPIC
ISSUE RELATED
CENSORSHIP
It publishes August 8th.
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.