Tuesday, June 6, 2017

TELL ME TUESDAY #149 +TTT

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN TUESDAY
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-NINE
TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!
▪ ▪ ▪
Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


★★
WOMEN'S FICTION
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
EDELWEISS ARC
This was pitched to me by the publicist as a women's empowerment story, and it did have its moments as just that, but... a majority of the story was nothing but upper-middle class suburban housewives whining, gossiping, talking about the sleezier side of sex, and wanting to cheat on their husbands. Oh, they did do some "charity work" fundraising for their local expensive elite preschool, so the kids could have more expensive stuff on top of their already expensive stuff. I realize these scenarios were needed as contrast for the empowerment element, but the percentages should have been flipped. It publishes today.


YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
MEMOIRE
ISSUE RELATED
MUSIC
NETGALLEY ARC
I am loving this book and it has made me glad that I dropped out of the biz when I had my son. It also publishes today.

MEMOIR
RECIPES
PARENTING
I am trying to get this read before Friday because I am starting a new monthly feature, called Nonfiction Friday on the second Friday of the month, where I will review one of the gazillion free and on-the-cheap: how-to, self-help, and sciencey books I have piled up in my Kindle library. I am enjoying it so far. Having family meals was important to me while Baz was growing up.


ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
ISSUE RELATED
RACISM/CLASSISM
BIRACIAL CHILDREN
NETGALLEY ARC
This is set in 1992, so is this Contemporary or Historical Fiction? I will have to look up that distinction. I am barely over the shock of the 1970s now being called Historical Fiction. It publishes tomorrow.

DIVERSE/ISSUE RELATED

Middle Grade about a girl with no arms.

Adult Fiction about African American culture.

A Middle Grade about a girl whose mom has OCD.

4. BOY
Based on a true story about an infant sex reassignment surgery patient.

A Middle Grade about the Hiroshima bombing.

Adult Fiction about Korean and Japanese culture.

Adult Historical Fiction about Chinese culture.

A Young Adult anthology of adoption short stories.

A Middle Grade about classism and racism.

Adult Historical Fiction about families with biracial children.
What are you reading, and what is the next diverse title you want to read? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.