Tuesday, May 23, 2017

TELL ME TUESDAY #147 + TTT

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN TUESDAY
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-SEVEN

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!

▪ ▪ ▪
Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
ISSUE RELATED
AUTISM
★★★
I loved that this book dealt with autism and the autistic main character was well portrayed, but all the other aspects of the story fell limp. The thing that bothered me the most was the author said he wrote the book in order to promote adoption of children with disabilities, but the events at the end of the book will do the opposite in my opinion.


ADULT
HUMOR
MEMOIRE - ESSAYS
NETGALLEY
My warning is not to read this while eating. She likes to decribe bodily functions and sweaty crevices in great detail. I am not sure the way she presents the larger than average size body in her stories is going to help acceptance and body positive feelings, which is what I was led to believe this book was supposed to be about. It has been slow going because I cannot listen to it during meals on text-to-speech and I cannot drink anything but water while reading it. I should probably dnf even though I am over 50% and give my time to a fully positive book. It publishes May 30th.


MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
ISSUE RELATED
NETGALLEY
This is a backlist ARC. It publshed April 11th.


I thought I would mix this topic up a little and it won't be what you expect because when I'm on a vacation I don't really "read"; I want to be soaking up sights and sounds and enjoying my family and friends. However, at the beach or lounging in a hammock you might find me looking at one of these...

1. A magazine: home decorating, architecture, gardening, cooking, travel.

2. Catalogs: clothing, furniture, plants and seeds, pet supplies, kitchen items.

3. Coffee table books: lots of large wonderful images and not much text. 

4. How-to manuals: Photography, cookbooks, gardening, decorating, crafts.

5. Brochures: local attractions and histories.

6. Newspaper: I always get the Sunday New York Times while on vacation and I like to peruse the local area papers, too.

7. Entertaiment guide: I grab all the free arts and entertainment papers I can get my hands on. I love going to see local bands and performers.

8. Local buy 'n sell paper: I get excited about going to flea markets and hitting all the antique, secondhand, and what-not shops.

9. Sudoku puzzle book.

10. Crossword puzzle book.

What are you reading, and what do you like to pick up to read while you are on a vacation trip? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.