Friday, May 5, 2017

BOOK BLOGGER HOP #7 - Do You Rearrange Your Bookshelves?

NUMBER SEVEN
DO YOU RE-ARRANGE YOUR BOOKSHELVES?

l

BOOK BLOGGER HOP is hosted by Billy at Ramblings From A Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog. This week's question was submitted by Elizabeth from Silver's Reviews.

Do you re-arrange and move books around on shelves, or move books off of your bookshelves to another area after a certain amount of time, or do you just leave them the way they are?


Yes, but... currently, after we moved my big bookshelf, nothing is organized other than I have stacks of certain books on top of the bookshelf, on my dresser, and my computer table. Ha! There are none on the floor at this time, though. Heh heh.
▪ ▪ ▪
The normal state of my shelves is author together, except for unread ARCs which have their own stack that moves from place to place. I don't have too many of those because I read mostly eARCs. Authors can be split if I have both hardcover and paperback. Paperbacks, including ARCs I'm keeping, are on the bottom shelves. Also, special books like my slipcase collector's edition Wrinkle In Time quartet bind-up are on top of my main bookcase. All of my fragile and antique books are in my china cabinet.

Things do get rearraged of a sort because books get moved to the trade/giveaway pile and donate pile on my computer table. I also have a stacks of "in limbo" books on my dresser, which are a mix of hardcover, ARCs, and paperbacks I have either been sent unsolicited, or books I won in boxes of books giveaways, that I am unsure if I want to keep and read, or put on the trade/giveaway/donate piles.
▪ ▪ ▪
Things will get really crazy when I order two new bookshelves and unbox the books I packed up five years ago, when we were supposed to move. I want to photograph and re-read some of them now that I am blogging.
Do you change your books around?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.